Is your silver bullet packing the punch your business needs? Marketing your business in a digital world means more than ‘instant gratification’. Is your business’ digital marketing strategy able to deliver to this market?
- The consumer: Impatient, demanding, and constantly on the go. According to IAB SA Interactive Advertising Bureau of South Africa in February 2017 66.2% of Unique Browsers come from mobile. How does this affect your business? In short, it means that in the digital era, there is a demand for you to market your company’s services or products to potential clients.
- The direction: any effort you make will be fruitless. To standout in the Digital first world, you need a plan an effective digital strategy to ensure your efforts & time make maximum impact.
Digital Candy Consulting compiled 3 tips to digital empowerment.
Define your Golden Circle
What’s the ‘Golden Circle’, you say? It’s the starting point of any sound digital strategy, the Golden Circle is a way of looking at why your company exists. Watch the originator, Simon Sinek talk on TED http://bit.ly/2nSsMV3 Viewed 31,214,480 as of 22 March 2017
When we ask businesses this question, the default is to think about what (Product) they offer; instead, you should start with why.
Think why your business began in the first place. What was the starting point; what was the vision? By addressing this starting point, you’ll be able to tell a brand story that strikes a chord with your audience.
To effectively use the Golden Circle methodology, you should focus on these 3 points in the following order:
- Why: Why does the business exist?
- How: How will this help your clients, and how will you achieve your why?
- What: what are you actually offering (Product) to your target clients?
Once you have distinct answers of the above and carefully crafted your brand message, you’ll be able to think about exactly who you want to share it with.
Think of your story and share it with us.